Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good Friday

I'll never know how much pain Christ endured for us all. My sin alone caused him more pain than I would ever be able to endure. I hate pain and I'm always careful not to do something that will hurt me.

The scripture if pretty descriptive of the torture Christ went through and experts have expanded on what he probably went through. Detailed descriptions that I can't even wrap my brain around.
-Did Jesus have any blood left when he died?
It haunts me that he may have given every last drop of blood for us all. To suffer so long that he didn't have a drop of blood left in him. I can't even stand the pain associated with a cut that produces a few drops of blood.

"About noon the sky turned dark and stayed that way until around three o'clock. Then about that time Jesus shouted "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthan? which means, 'My God, my God, why have you deserted me?' ...Jesus shouted and then died." Mark 15:33-34, 37

Jesus chose to come down to earth and sacrifice himself for you and for me. To die on the cross and be separated from God. I have the gift of a relationship with God because of Jesus. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

I believe.

No comments: